Farm Insurance Information
As a core pillar of the agricultural industry, farms are essential and rewarding businesses. However, these workplaces also include many risks and exposures. Fortunately, farm owners insurance can provide a safety net capable of rendering financial assistance in response to many common incidents.
What Is Farm Owners Insurance?
Farm owners insurance is generally not composed of a single policy. Instead, farmers may need to assemble several forms of coverage to create a diverse and robust collection of policies that protect them financially from potential losses. Farm owners should consult a qualified insurance professional to acquire an adequate coverage portfolio.
Understanding Farm Liability Insurance
Some of the costliest incidents that may affect farm owners involve third parties, such as guests, passersby and customers. If a farm is at fault for another party’s losses, the resulting lawsuits can have devastating financial consequences. With that in mind, it’s generally advisable for farm owners to secure the following coverages:
- Premises liability—This coverage can provide financial assistance for a third party’s bodily injury or damage accrued while on a farm’s property, such as tripping over clutter.
- Operations liability—If a farm’s business operations are responsible for another party’s losses, this coverage may render financial aid.
- Farm product liability—This coverage can insulate farms from financial losses involving defective products, such as spoiled or contaminated crops.
- Pollution liability—If a farm is at fault for incidents involving pollutants, this coverage can help pay for losses.
- Commercial umbrella liability—This form of secondary coverage can provide additional funds if the liability limits of other policies are exhausted.
Benefits of Livestock Insurance
Many farms depend on livestock for daily operations and essential revenue. Incidents injuring or killing livestock can have irreparable financial ramifications. Livestock insurance is an integral component of a farm owners insurance portfolio and may provide financial protection for incidents involving livestock on the farm or in transit. This coverage can be tailored to your needs, and depending on the type of animals you are insuring and your policy, it may render aid in the wake of the following incidents:
- Accidents on the road
- Accidental shootings
- Attacks by dogs or wild animals
- Collapsed buildings
Get the Right Coverage
At the McCallum Insurance Agency, our dedicated staff of professionals has over 50 combined years of experience helping farms and other businesses protect themselves with optimal coverage. Contact us today to get started.